Each lesson has around 3 recipes to try, ranging from side dishes and snacks to more involving recipes for whole meals. Throughout the course, suggestions are made for those who want to be adventurous and alter the recipes to suit the preferences of their family or dinner guests; allowing you to have the freedom to be original and continue the Tex Mex legacy by perhaps introducing some of your own locality into the recipes.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Demonstrate classic Tex-Mex recipes.
- Demonstrate making salsa, rice, and cheese.
- Demonstrate making pasta.
- Describe and recognize Tex-Mex flavors.
- Demonstrate making guacamole, beans and quesadillas.
- Demonstrate making beer battered fritters, pizza, and stuffed cherry tomatoes.
- Demonstrate making nachos, beef and chipotle pasta, and corn on the cob.
- Demonstrate making chimichangas, potato bake, and baked chicken.
- Demonstrate making chilli, marinades, soups, potatoes, and beverages.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||5 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment: What is Tex Mex Cuisine?||100 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Introduce Yourself to Some Tex Mex Classics||20 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Make the Side Dishes- Salsa and Mexican Rice||20 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Tex Mex Pasta!||20 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Different Tex Mex Flavors||20 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Make some Quesadillas .||20 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Beer Battered Fritters, Pizza and Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes||20 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Corn on the Cob (Tex Mex style)||20 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Chimichangas||20 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: All about Chili||20 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Ribs and Potatoes||20 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: The Right Beverage||20 points|
|Final Assignment: Put it all together and Make a Tex Mex Feast||20 points|
|Final Thoughts||100 points|